– Chelsea has set a deadline for Romelu Lukaku to find a European club this summer
– If he fails to secure a deal before the transfer window closes, Chelsea will encourage him to move to a Saudi club
– Juventus is still interested in Lukaku but would need to sell Dusan Vlahovic first
– Chelsea rejected a swap deal and there is no link to Tottenham
– Chelsea is looking for €40-45m for Lukaku
– There has been no significant engagement between Pochettino and Lukaku all summer
– Lukaku had previously stated that Chelsea is not an option for him, and his stance has not changed despite being in limbo.
Chelsea have given a deadline for Romelu Lukaku to find a European club this summer.
Failure to join a club before the transfer window shuts, the Blues would encourage the Belgian to move to any Saudi club
This is if a deal from Juventus or another European club cannot be struck before the transfer window shuts.
TalkSPORT’s football correspondent in Saudi Arabia, Ben Jacobs, gave an update on Lukaku’s situation.
“Juventus still want Lukaku, provided they sell Dusan Vlahovic,” he wrote on Twitter.
“Chelsea decided against a swap deal. Nothing in the Spurs links. Chelsea are looking for €40-45m.
“No significant engagement all summer between Pochettino and Lukaku. Chelsea do want to sell, but it’s understood Lukaku has shown no appetite to change their mind.
“His firm position, when still at Inter, was Chelsea was not an option, and that hasn’t changed despite being in limbo.”
Writen by John Owen Nwachukwu at Source link